Sunday, September 25, 2011

7 days a week

The poor hubby is work 7 days a week. 6 - 10 hour days and 8 hours on Sunday. He's exhausted and still has at least 3 more weeks of this to go. But we do like the extra cash ;)

However, it puts a wrench into going to church. We've been struggling for a while with deciding what to do about church. We've been going off and on to the church that he kinda grew up in and his mom goes to it as well. But we really decided that it's not for us. So we were going to start to try to find a new church and then all this overtime started in. So, I haven't been going since he's working. Lame excuse, but I know he doesn't want me going to look for a new church without him.

So I'm improvising.

Last night my eye caught a book on my shelf The Purpose Driven Life. I started it a long time ago and never finished it. So, I'm starting over and using that as my devotional time. I'll probably do it a few times a week (I hope) and most importantly on Sundays.

Today's question at the end was, "In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?"

This week, I'm going to try to keep that in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment