Saturday, February 18, 2012

I...kinda...sorta...

....forgot to post this week.

It was a crazy, busy, stressful week. But it's over and I have Monday off.

HALLELUJAH!

I did cook a WW meal this week! I made Orange-Crumbed Baked Chicken.

You'll need:
2 tbs orange juice
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup whole-wheat cracker crumbs
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper
4 3-ounce pieces of chicken


I didn't buy orange juice because I know it won't all be used in my house. So, I bought an orange and squeezed the juice out.


Put the 2 tbs orange juice in a bowl and then add the 2 tbs of Dijon mustard!


Add the soy sauce and whisk it up!


Put that to the side and on a separate plate, crumble up your crackers. Try not to eat any ;)


Sprinkle on some onion powder to taste.


I must not have had the flash on in that picture....it looks like it's from the 70's.

Add your pepper to the mixture too.


Get your chicken out and dip it in the mustard/orange juice/soy sauce mixture.


Then plop it in the crumb mixture. Make sure you flip it and get the crumbs on both sides!


Bake it at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. My chicken pieces were a little bigger, so I cooked 'em for the full 20.


Wa-la!

I cooked up some zucchini to go with it....


Without the zucchini it's 3 points (old school) or 179 calories.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment