Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spinach and Cheese Quiche

I've never made a quiche before, until today.

I'm not even sure I could spell the work 'quiche' without looking at the title of the recipe! (I'm not sure I should admit to that)

It was super easy, though!

Anyway, you'll need:
12 ounce can of evaporated skimmed milk
1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
Plain Pie Crust


Bake the pie crust as instructed on the package. Let it cool. Or, if you're like me, and forgot the evaporated milk, bake the pie crust and got get the ingredients you forgot!


In a medium bowl, crack your 2 eggs, and put in the 3 egg whites.


Add your evaporated milk. I should probably just buy some and keep it in the cabinet.


Add the cottage cheese. I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese. Maybe it's because I don't want my thighs to look like cottage cheese.


But I love parmesan cheese! Add it in!


Salt. I have no idea how to rotate that picture. Sorry.


And pepper! Whisk it all together!


Put the liquid mixture in the pie crust first.


Pull apart the spinach a bit with a fork and add it evenly throughout the liquid mixture.


Be sure to put it on a cookie sheet that has raised sides.

Put it in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 and cook for another 20 minutes!


I can't wait to dig in!

It's 3 WW points (old school, for 12 servings)
Or, 139 Calories per serving

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment