Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tortellini in Chicken Broth

The hubby and I haven't been feeling well this weekend, so I thought some soup would be appropriate.

This recipe is super easy! I doubled my recipe because I had enough and I wanted to put some in the freezer.

If you make the regular recipe you'll need:
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup slivered watercress leaves
2 scallions, sliced
3 drops hot red pepper sauce (optional)
2 tbs grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Ground Pepper
2/3 cups water


In a sauce pan, add your 2 cups chicken broth (I doubled mine, so it looks like a lot more and I used a bigger sauce pan).


Add your 2/3 cup of water and bring to a boil.


While you are waiting for the broth and water to boil, go ahead and start slicing up your scallions. I love scallions. Seriously, that's probably one of the big reasons I picked this recipe today!


I'm not sure if you are supposed to take the leaves off the steams, but I just chopped the watercress like it was. Just a coarse chop. Don't go too crazy.


Once you're broth is boiling, reduce it to a simmer. Cook your tortellini as instructed on the package. Mine said to boil for 3 minutes. I thought it wasn't going to be long enough, but it was!


After that boils, add your watercress and scallions. Let them simmer for about 2 minutes.


Take it off the heat and add a few drops of the hot sauce (if you dare)!


And pepper. I love pepper too!


I divided out my soup before I added the cheese on top.


And wa-la!


Enjoy! It's seriously good! It tastes like wonton soup!

4 WW points (old school) or 211 calories.

I will especially on this cold, dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment