Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mrs. Wilson or Mrs. Betty Crocker?

It's been a busy day in the kitchen!

My first quest was to make Halloween candy. It's a tradition on my mom's side of the family. I can remember getting homemade candy for almost every major holiday; easter being my favorite!

Sadly, I don't have any children yet, but I still wanted to make candy. So I made some for my co-workers.

Of course the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to melt!


But the finished product is worth the wait!


Onto other things! I'm still challenging myself to make something each week from my Weight Watchers book. I really wasn't a huge fan of the chili I made this week, so I had to make a better choice this week. 

This week's choice- Chicken Pita Pizza's. But let me say, I did need to make a few adjustments to the recipe. It called for sun dried tomatoes, not in oil. Now, I found the sun dried tomatoes, but I couldn't find any not in oil. I even looked in several places. After I decided that it doesn't exist in the Chester, VA area, I gave up and decided it was too expensive anyway. So I substituted it with roasted red peppers. Just as yummy, I think. 

It was pretty easy. I started out with putting the whole wheat pita down, added some tomato sauce and grilled chicken. 


Then you add the rest. The roasted red peppers, chopped arugula and mozzarella cheese. 


The cookbook said to bake it for 10-12 mins, but I thought was a bit too long. 9 mins. seemed to do the trick! I haven't tried yet, but it's in my lunch box for tomorrow!


It's making me hungry already! 

Just another crazy Sunday at the Wilson residence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment