Sunday, October 23, 2011

New Things

There are a few new things/ideas at the Wilson residence.

First, welcome our new addition, Tony Montana (Brian's name pick, not mine)!

We've been wanting a new kitty for a while now. I wanted Brian to pick out the kitty, since Ellie is really  my kitty. He picked him and picked the name! B love scarface....hence the name.

Other new thoughts, I'm going to try to cook something from my Weight Watchers cookbook each sunday and eat that during the week for lunch. Since getting married and falling into the later part of my 20's, losing weight and keeping it off is a bit more challenging! Brian turns his nose up to the idea of cooking from Weight Watchers, so I'm doing it for myself in hopes he might try some and like it....hope being the key word!

The first adventure was making Chicken Chili.

I started by chopping up red and orange peppers (Walmart didn't have any yellow for some reason).

Then you add the chicken. The crushed tomatoes and chickpeas are for later.


Then it's time for the spices! I realized as I started that I didn't have ground cumin, sad, but I just added more chili powder. 


Here's the end result! I'd give it about a 2.5 out of 5....just 'cause I'm not a huge chili fan. I'd probably give it a 3.5 if I liked chili more...


And this was what the boys were up to while I was cooking :)


Just a fun Sunday at the Wilson residence!




No comments:

Post a Comment