Monday, January 30, 2012

Take 2

I couldn't go without my WW lunches this week. So, I searched for an easy recipe.

Chicken Quesadillas


You'll need:
1 1/2 cups diced chicken
1 cup lettuce (iceberg or romaine)
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (or 1/3 if you make the Corn-Tomato Salad)
6 - 8inch flour tortillas



If you want to make the corn tomato salad all you'll need is: 1 cup corn kernels, 1/2 green bell pepper diced, 1/2 tomato diced, 2 tbs chopped cilantro, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt

First, dice your chicken. If you don't have chicken scissors, seriously, you have to get some. I'm in love with mine. Anyway, then put it in a skillet and cook 'em up!


I added some cayenne pepper.


And some chili powder, for spice :)


I goofed and put the cheese in with the rest of the ingredients, but you don't need to. I don't think it ruined it by any means, though.


Add the lettuce! I used romaine. About 4 or so stalks.


I love thick and chunky salsa...yumm! Add it!


Heat up a small skillet, a little less than on medium heat, and add some cooking spray. Put your tortilla in, add the mixture and put the other tortilla on. You know how to make one, right??


Make sure you flip it at some point to heat it on both sides :)


I think this will be much yummier than my last WW attempt.

If you make the Quesadilla with the Corn Salad its 6 points (old school) or 297 calories.

If you made it like I did, I'm guessing it's about the same (?).

Just enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment