Sunday, March 11, 2012

Enchiladas

I can't wait to eat this weeks lunch!

I'll get right to it- Easy Enchiladas!

You'll need:
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 pd Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 red pepper
6 or 7 scallions
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 cup canned stewed tomatoes (oops, I just realized I made a 'mistake')
3/4 cup black beans
3/4 cup chick peas
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
4 flour tortillas
1/2 shredded monterey jack cheese


First thing you need to do is take the casing off of the sausages. 


Next, chop up your red bell pepper!


And your green peppers (scallions). I used 7...the recipe said to use 6....but I just love 'em so much!


Start heating up your 2 tsp of canola oil in a pan. 


While that is heating up, rinse your 3/4 cup black beans and 3/4 cup chick peas. 


 Once the canola oil is heated up, add your sausage and start separating it with a large spoon or whatever you have hanging around.


Add your peppers and scallions.


Heat that up for about 6-8 minutes.

Then add your chili pepper.


Add cumin. Let that simmer for about another minute.


After that minute, add your chick peas and black beans.


Then your stewed tomatoes. I didn't read carefully and I added the whole can, not 1 cup. And I realized I needed to cut them up a bit after I added them. Don't make that mistake.


And your white pepper comes last!


Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. You will probably need to reduce the heat a bit. It smells yummy!


Start spreading the mixture over your tortillas.


Be sure to spray your baking dish first. You'll need a 2 quart baking dish. Put them in seam side down.


Lastly, add your 1/2 cup of cheese on top!


Bake 'em for 30-35 minutes. I only needed 30 minutes.

I had some left over filling. I'll keep it to the side and add some cheese on top for later.


Don't they look scrumptious?!


I can't wait to dig in!


4 points (old school) per serving (4)
Or 404 calories.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment