Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

I got this yummy recipe off of the WW App on my iPhone. I don't subscribe online, but you can access several recipes every week. Check it out!

I am a bit delayed in this post because I was traveling to see family this weekend. My Mom Mom passed away in January and we had her memorial this weekend. My grandfather is also very sick, so I visited him as well. Please excuse my boggled mind!

Onto to cooking!

You'll need:
2 tsp salted butter
1 large uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
64 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 oz uncooked pasta, small shape such as ditalini (about 1 cup)
10 oz frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn and green beans
15 oz canned tomatoes, petite cut, rinsed and drained
6 oz cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast(s), chopped
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh, chopped (optional)



Missing from picture is lemon juice (I think that's it). You'll have to pardon my airheadedness, it was a long weekend! 

I didn't have any cooked chicken in the fridge, so I had to cook some up. 


While you are cooking the chicken, dice up your onion pretty finely. I still haven't figured out the best way to cut up an onion. 


In a large pot, melt 2 tsp of butter. In the picture you'll see 2 tbs because I had a blonde moment! I was thinking that it was nice to have all that butter in a WW recipe! But I was wrong!


Just so you know, I did take out some of the butter! I didn't cheat! Add your onions and stir them off and on for 10 minutes. Also, add 1/2 tsp of salt!


Increase the heat and add your broth! Bring to a boil. 


While you are waiting for that to boil, drain and rinse your tomatoes. 


Once your broth is boiling, stir in the pasta. I just used some left over Orzo pasta I had in the pantry. You can use anything you'd like, but I'd use a smaller pasta. 


Add your frozen veggies. 


And the tomaters (as I like to call 'em). 


Boil that until the pasta is cooked 7-10 minutes. 

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Not in any particular order. I started with the chicken. 




Cheese!


Chives/Green onions! You know I love these!


Last 2 tsp of salt. 


Lemon...


Lastly, pepper!


Enjoy!



Makes 8 servings!
Points Plus = 4

I have no idea how many calories because I never did the points plus.....anyone know?

My Mom Mom loved to cook, and I think she'd be proud of my little cooking adventures. 


I don't have any great photos of her on my computer, but this was the beautiful cake we had made for her memorial. 

I miss you Mom Mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment