Sunday, March 4, 2012

Part 2

I've been afraid of recipes that require me to broil something. But I gave it a-go.

The second part of my lunch this week is Honey-Mustard Pork Chops.

You'll need:
4 tsp honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp wine vinegar
4 pork chops


In a small sauce pan, heat up the honey until it's liquid like.


Then add your 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard.


And the tsp of wine vinegar. Once combined, let it cool.


Get a gallon sized baggie and pour the mixture over the pork chops. Let it marinade for 8 hours or over night. I cheated and only let it marinade for about 4 or 5 hours.


Now here is where it gets a little tricky. I don't have a broil pan. So, I put my pork chops on a cookie sheet hoping it would be ok.


If you have a broil pan, cook them for about 6-7 minutes on both sides (meaning, flip them once).


This is how the came out. They looked nice and yummy, but when I cut them I saw they weren't cooked. So my little experiment and my fear of broiling things got worse.

So, I decided to cook 'em up a bit on the stove top with a little olive oil.


I cooked them for about 10 more minutes. Flipping occasionally.

I won't show you all of them because I kept cutting them to see if they were cooked.


It just wasn't a pretty sight. But this one looked ok.

So, I failed.

Kind of.

We'll see how they taste tomorrow.

If you follow the regular recipe (not cooking them in olive oil):
It's 4 pts (old school)
Or 178 calories per serving (makes 4 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment