Sunday, April 1, 2012

Egg Noodles with Shrimp

Does your husband/boyfriend fart incessantly? Mine does. He just did. It seems like he waits for me to sit next to him! Seriously! 

Onto food. 

This recipe was originally called "Pappardelle with Shrimp", but I haven't a clue where to I can find Pappardelle, so I used egg noodles instead. But the recipe said it was ok that I did, so I don't feel bad. 

You'll need:
6 ounces egg noodles
3 tbs reduced calorie margarine
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined 
1 1/2 tsp curry powder 
1/4 dry white wine
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 eggs
2 tbs grated parmesan cheese 
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper 
You can also add 3 tbs chopped mint, but I chose not to. 


While you are boiling the water for your egg noodles and then cooking them, melt your butter in a large skillet. 


Add your shrimp. I got mine already cooked, so it didn't need much time. If your's isn't cooked, let them soak in the margarine for 2-3 minutes. 


Add your curry powder. I confess, this ingredient was the main reason I wanted to cook this recipe! 


After that's done soaking for 2-3 minutes. Add your white wine. 


And broth. Bring to a boil. 


While that's coming to a boil, whisk your eggs and cheese in a small bowl. 


Scoop out 1/2 cup of the liquid mixture from the skillet. Add to the egg mixture. DON'T stop whisking! 


Then quickly add to the skillet. But still don't stop whisking! Otherwise your egg will cook funny. 


Reduce the heat and add your egg noodles. 


Top off with the salt and pepper. I also added a little curry on top as well a little sugar. Dishes with curry in them usually have  sweet taste to me and something seemed like it was lacking. The sugar helped! 


8 WW points (old school) 
Or 345 calories per serving (4)

Enjoy! 

Oh! And I'll be gone next week. No post. Spring Break starts Friday!!!! Whooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment