Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tomato Mini Pizzas

Oh my. You are in for a treat!

If you like bruschetta, you'll love these!

You'll need:
2 large pocketless pitas (I couldn't find any pocketless, but if you can, great!)
2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs chopped basil
2 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

The Cast of Characters

Start off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. I used my toaster oven because it's getting warm here and I didn't want to bake my home! I also halved my recipe because I'm going to make this several times this week. 


Slice your tomatoes! I sliced mine a little on the chunky side, just cause I like them that way. If you do that, you'll have to cook them a little longer. 


Chop up your basil! I used 2 large leaves of basil to make 1 tbs.


Mince your garlic! It's sooo yummy but sooo deadly! Don't talk in anyones face after you eat this! 

You should be putting this all into a small bowl....I think I forgot that part. 


Add your salt. 


And olive oil! This is the good stuff! Then mix it around. 


Spread it all out on your pita. Make sure to scrap out all the goodness out of the bowl! 

Don't put the cheese on yet! Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until your tomatoes are soft and warm. 


If you're like me, you'll have plenty to do in that 10 minutes! And you probably have dishes to put away because you put it off....I really don't like unloading the dishwasher. 


Add your cheese and put it back in the oven for another 3 minutes!


And enjoy your great smelling and great tasting pizza!

I ate the whole thing, it was just too good! 

If you do that too it'll be:
262 calories 
Or 6 WW points (old school)

No comments:

Post a Comment