Thursday, December 29, 2011

Red Pepper Chicken with Noodles

The holiday's have added some squishiness to my body. As much as I've enjoyed eating all the goodies, I much rather be able to fit into my clothes! So it's back to the norm or my WW lunches!

This week I made Red Pepper Chicken with Noodles.

You will need:


3/4 pd boneless skinless chicken, chopped (or if you're like me, you just eyeball it and get a few pieces out of the freezer)
2 tsp olive oil
salt
pepper
4 scallions (chopped)
1 cup roasted red pepper (chopped)
3/4 cup red kidney beans (rinsed)
2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese

I started off boiling my water for the noodles while I was getting everything else ready.

After that was ready, I chopped my scallions. And oh boy! Did they smell yummy!


Next, chop the red peppers! Next time, I think I'll keep them a little more chunky for flavor.


If you're house is anything mine, your children come bug you! 


Ok. I don't have real children yet, but I have feline children! 

Now, add your oil to a big pan and cut up your chicken into it. I use kitchen scissors, I love them!


Add some pepper! I love pepper, so I was generous. 


Then, add some salt. 


Turn on the stove and start frying up your chicken! About 5 mins or so after it gets warm. Be sure to stir it around a bit so the chicken doesn't get stuck together. 


Once your chicken is pretty well done, you'll start adding the stuff that's left over. Go ahead and throw in your kidney beans.


Red peppers.


Let it simmer for a few minutes and then throw in your cooked noodles.


Wa la!

This makes 4 servings, about 323 calories, 6 WW points (old school).

I put mine into containers, as always. Then I put the cheese on top.


I'd give it a 3.5 out 5. The kidney beans add a weird texture to me. But you may love kidney beans and you'll give it a 5?!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment