Saturday, December 17, 2011

Snowflake Mix!

This is NOT a WW recipe. Sorry to disappoint.

My mother in-law is coming over for dinner tonight, and it's the first time I'm cooking for her.

So of course, I've been doing things since the moment I woke up to get ready! I want to make it a good dinner and visit. Who doesn't want to impress their mother in-law?

I seriously got lucky! She is great!

I'm making stuffed shells for dinner, but I needed something for them to munch on before dinner. Hence the snowflake mix!

I got the recipe from Pintrest, but I changed things a bit.



You'll need:
6 (ish) cups of square corn chex
1 (ish) cups of pretzels
1 (ish) cups of honey roasted peanuts
Bag of M&M's (I used Dark Chocolate because I like them better)
16 ounces of white baking chocolate (vanilla flavor)

Now, I'm saying "ish" for the top part because I used a little over what I was supposed to use. The original recipe called for the exact measurements, but I have more baking chocolate than they called for. So I just added a few more dashes of each.

1. Combine the corn chex, pretzels, and peanuts in a pretty large bowl.




2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. I put it in for 1 minute and stirred. Then, one more minute in the microwave did the trick.


3. Combine the white chocolate and the mix in the bowl. Make sure you get all the chocolatey goodness out of the bowl!

4. Spread it out on wax paper or a cookie sheet like I did. Sprinkle the M&M's on top! You'll have to wait an hour or so for it harden and break it apart.


4. Enjoy! And go to the gym the next day...because this will do damage! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment