Monday, January 16, 2012

Chocolate Muffins

More cooking!

I wasn't sure if the Orzo recipe (see below) that I made was going to be enough for lunch. So, I decided to make some muffins. I had most of the ingredients, so it didn't really cost much.

You will need:
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbs sugar
confectioners' sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fat-free milk
1 egg
4 tsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, your going to add all your dry ingredients. Start with the flour!


Sugar. I accidentally put 4 tbs....but I scooped some out. Ooops!


Add your cocoa powder. (I use this all the time for chocolate covered popcorn. Definitely not WW).


Baking soda.


Last, but not least, salt.


In another small bowl, melt your butter.


The egg is next...


Milk.



Vanilla extract (sorry, I forgot to get him in the photo).


Then, whisk it all together. And then whisk it into your dry ingredients!


Add the mixture into your muffin pan!


Bake for about 20-25 minutes! Depending on how you know your oven bakes. Mine tends to bake things quicker, so I baked the muffins for 20 minutes.

Let them cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Take them out and top with the confectioners' sugar!


2 WW points or 92 calories.

I'd say they are a 2.5 out of 5....I don't think I'll make them again. The berry muffin recipe might turn out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment