Monday, January 9, 2012

Weight Watchers: Chicken Fajitas

It's been a few posts since I've done a Weight Watchers recipe. Back to the good stuff!

I use to have a friend that would call them fa-ji-tas....

Anyway..this recipe needs to be done in two parts. So, I'll start with the chicken.

You will need:
2 tbs lime juice
1 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Smidgen of red pepper flakes


You'll also need 10 ounces of chicken breast, cut into thin strips. I have no idea what 10 ounces of chicken looks like, so just pull a few pieces out of the freezer.

Cut up your chicken!


In another bowl, pour your 2 tablespoons of lime juice.


Next, add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce.


Add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.


Lastly, 1/4 teaspoon of cumin ( I once substituted chili powered in another recipe and it worked out ok if you don't have cumin)


Oops, I fibbed, add some red pepper flakes. Now you're really done!


Put the chicken in a gallon sized baggie and add the marinade. Let it sit for at least 2 hours or over night.


Part 2


You'll need:
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 teaspoons vegetable oil (oops, I just realized I used 4 tablespoons lol)

4 fat-free tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup nonfat sour-cream



First, cut up your peppers!


Slice up your onion! I'm still trying to figure out how to stop myself from "crying" every time I cut up an onion.


Put 2 tsp of oil to a skillet and add your veggies. Cook for 8-10 minutes.


Once they are nice a juicy, put them aside in a bowl.


Put 2 more tsp of oil in the skillet and add your chicken (drain the marinade from the chicken before you add to the skillet). Cook for about 5 minutes.


Mix the chicken and the veggies together!


Now, this is when you would dived the fajita mix into the tortillas, put the salsa and sour cream on top.....but I use these for lunches, so I put them into containers.


I can't wait to try them tomorrow!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment