Monday, January 16, 2012

Orzo with Zucchini and Feta

I had the day off, so I had some time to catch up on cleaning my place AND cooking!

First, a thank you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for what he did for our country.

Onto cooking :)

You will need:
1 cup orzo
1 zucchini
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tsp dried oregano
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Splash of pepper


First, boil water and your cute little orzo! I've never worked with orzo before, but I like it! It's so tiny!


While you're cooking your orzo, have another pot with a little water in it to "steam" your zucchini. Leave it in for about 3-5 minutes or until a little soft. I usually try test it with poking a fork in it.


Once your zucchini is done, drain it and put it in a large bowl.


Feta....I love feta! The package I got happen to actually be 3/4 cups, but go ahead and measure it any way and add it to your bowl.


This recipe calls for oregano. I think I'll use a different spice next time (perhaps one of the spices I used on my croutons). Anyway, add it to the bowl.


Olive oil. Did you know if you mouth the words "olive oil" it looks like you are saying "I love you". I did it to my husband the other day. He thought it was funny. Add your olive oil after you've checked that out!


Hopefully your orzo is about ready. Drain it and add it to the bowl!


Don't let it fling all over the place, like I did. Gently toss it together!


I added the pepper on top once I divided mine for lunches.


3 WW points (old school) or 283 calories. Makes 4 servings. You can serve it cold or hot.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment